Here at LWUMC, communication is important. We want our congregation – and our larger neighborhood – to know what awesome things are happening every day here at LWUMC, both to keep our members informed and involved, but also hopefully to attract new members to be a part of our loving, inclusive, and energetic community. Below is a Finance Update from our very own scholar, tradesman, gentleman, finance guru, and LWUMC Treasurer, Mark Nelson. Thanks for the update, Finance Team!
Dear Members and Friends of Lake Washington UMC,
You’ve done it again! You’ve made a huge difference in this community and beyond through your faithful giving! Your stewardship makes all that we do possible – both the ministries within our walls and the missions without. Thank you for your generous contributions!
Here are some financial highlights from 2016:
- Net Income was + $100 versus a projected budget deficit of ($10,500)
- Congregation giving and facility rental income were higher than expected
- Facility and office expenses were lower than expected
- Full payment of our Apportionments to the greater United Methodist missions
- Provided a small raise to our staff
- Generously supported the Youth Mission Trip, Pastor’s Fund and Safe Parking Program
We also have good news to share about 2017! Thanks to your pledged commitments, we can fund all our current ministries and missions! In addition, we are expanding the hours of our Office Manager to better support our Safe Parking guests.
There are three projects that were not funded through our regular pledging and budgeting process. Instead we will raise money through special donations. If you are passionate about one of these ministry areas and would like to make a special donation in support, please contact the church office.
- Piano Refurbishing – Music is an important element of Worship, and we are blessed to have talented pianists and a beautiful instrument. After years of use, the piano needs a major overhaul to keep it functional and tuned.
- Youth Activity Scholarships – Our LWUMC youth and young adults get together regularly for fellowship, learning, and fun. Many of our youth want to participate in monthly outings and activities, but cannot afford the costs of these excursions. Please help support all the great community that is being built for these young people by donating to our scholarship fund.
- Technical Support Service – Through generous donations the church has modernized its network and computer systems. However, when technical problems occur it is difficult to rely on volunteer expertise for a timely resolution to problems. A 3rd party service can efficiently respond to issues to keep things running smoothly.
Once again, thank you for a successful 2016 and for your continuing support of LWUMC in 2017.
LWUMC Finance Team